[Xen-users] Is virtual function's speed limited by the real NIC?

Hi all,
    I did some tests under Debian wheezy x64 and Xen 4.2.5 with an Intel 82576 NIC (default speed is 100 Mbps with SR-IOV enabled). I created 2 debian domUs and attached either a VF.  When I used netperf to test the inter-domain communication performance, the network throughput was quite stable as it remained about 94 Mbps as the send message size varied from 64 bytes to 16384 bytes (test scenario is TCP_STREAM).

    So I guess the VF's ability (e.g speed) is limited by the real NIC, right?

Best regards,
       Kenneth