Re: [Xen-users] [Xen 4.3.0] Evaluation of network I/O for pv guest

On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 07:22:13AM -0700, mostafa dsg wrote:
> hello,

Hello,

> I have set up a Xen (4.3.0) testbed from the source code on a computer. I
> would like to know the possible ways to monitor and create log the network
> traffic of DomU's (pv guest) from the source code.where is the source code
> of event channel , xen_blkback , xen_netback? Can anyone tell me about the
> usage of event channel and page grant mechanisms in Xen ?
> I'm sorry for asking so many questions.

Take a look at the xen-netback driver in dom0 Linux kernel, which creates the
VIFs in dom0 for the vNICs of the VMs.

Usually you run Linux bridges in dom0 to connect the domU vifs to outside
world.. so you could snoop/tcpdump on the vif and/or on the bridge aswell?

-- Pasi