Re: [Xen-users] DomU bridge network only works in private network

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Jintack Lim <jintack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a network problem on domU.
> I have same problem for armv7 with xen 4.4,
> and armv8 with xen 4.5.
> So it seems like a configuration problem rather than machine dependent
> problem.
>
> I'm using a bridge network.
> It works when I used my own router.
> dom0 and domU get private network ip address like 192.168.1.103,
> and both of guest can connect to the internet.
>
> However, when I connected to a school router,
> then dom0 gets a public ip address that I can access via ssh from anywhere.
> However domU's network is not working.
> More specifically, "dhclient eth0" never returns.
> I'm using a static ip address for dom0,
> and it is assigned automatically by the router since dom0's MAC
> address is registered.
The same problem happens even a machine without a static ip assignment.
My colleague is able to run KVM on the same type of machine and
he gets two different public ip addresses.
So, this problem does not seem to be related to public ip and MAC address thing.