Re: [Xen-users] Windows "modern.ie" Network Problem

Hi,

I reinstalled the box and network keeps unrecognized.

About your questions:

I removed the "type=ioemu" from configuration file and installed this MSI in guest.

Xen log:

$ tail -n10 /var/log/xen/qemu-dm-ie9-win7.log
platform_fixed_ioport: changed ro/rw state of ROM memory area. now is rw state.
platform_fixed_ioport: changed ro/rw state of ROM memory area. now is ro state.
mapping vram to f0000000 - f1000000
Unknown PV product 2 loaded in guest
PV driver build 1
region type 1 at [c100,c200).
region type 0 at [f2000000,f2000100).
squash iomem [f1000000, f2000000).
vga s->lfb_addr = f0000000 s->lfb_end = f1000000Â
vga s->lfb_addr = f0000000 s->lfb_end = f1000000

As you said, I don't have a "-emu" now.

$ xm list | grep ie9-win7
ie9-win7 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â23 Â2048 Â Â 1 Â Â -b---- Â Â 35.5
$ brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
xenbr0 8000.d4ae5287f28e no eth0
vif1.0
vif2.0
vif23.0
vif3.0
vif4.0
vif4.0-emu
vif5.0
vif6.0
$Âifconfig -a | grep vif23 -A 6
vif23.0 Â Link encap:Ethernet ÂHWaddr fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff Â
     inet6 addr: fe80::fcff:ffff:feff:ffff/64 Scope:Link
     UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST ÂMTU:1500 ÂMetric:1
     collisions:0 txqueuelen:32Â
     RX bytes:5500 (5.3 KiB) ÂTX bytes:19630 (19.1 KiB)

The "vif4.0-emu" is my Windows 7 Home, it works like a charm.

About my NAT question: I don't know, it looks like Xen is trying to create my Windows box with NAT and others with bridge. It's crazy, I know.

--
Wanderson Henrique Camargo Rosa