Re: [Xen-users] XEN PV networking: checksum issues

Ian,
many thanks for your answer. After some tests and a number of days with the system back up and running flawlessly I can confirm that changing the TX offloading in the dom0 for the vif I/f connectedt to the HVM domU with pfSense running was the solution.

No other change over and above this, especially none within the pfSense domU was required as was no change to the RX offload in dom0 for any domain (including the pfSense domain) or the TX offloading for any other domU.

My suspicion is that it is either an issue with FreeBSD 10.1 (I have a number of 10.0 domUs running and none of these exhibit this behaviour) or, more likely, spefific to the pf packet filter (which is not running on any of the 10.0 domUs) or the firewall software. I'll update my 10.0 systems to 10.1 in due course and can then either confirm or rule out an issue with 10.1 per se.

BTW changing the setting for the vif can easily be automated by using the script= option for the vif specification in the relevant domU xl configuration file.

Thanks again (as always) for your valuable input.

Atom2