Re: [Xen-users] Shared memory between DomU's

On Sun, 2015-03-29 at 18:54 +0300, ××× ×××××××× wrote:
> Hello
>
> i want two distinct process both DomU's to be able the read or write
> in a share memory.
>
> Many post are talking about granting permissions or grant table.
>
> I'm sorry if my question is a bit stupid. Where would i start to be
> able the test those grant permission?
> Should i need to write an external program or should i modify some Xen
> source codes?
>
> I really have no idea about where to start.
> I'll sincerely appreciate any idea. Even one stating where to start.

libvchan (shipped with Xen for a couple of versions) is designed to make
it easier to setup a shared memory ring between two userspace processes.
Even if you don't need the byte-stream it supplies it serves as an
example of how one goes about doing this sort of thing.

You wont need to modify any Xen source code, but you will need to make
sure you have a kernel in each guest with the appropriate grant table
and event channel drivers enabled. IIRC libvchan relies on gntdev,
gntalloc and evtchn drivers.

Ian.