[Xen-users] what is "Panic: queue_invalidate_wait_descriptor"

... and why might it not be executed?

After installing an extra usb 3.0 card to give out to a vm, I started
getting the above (roughly, according to a hastily scribbled note). I
think the added card must be the triggering factor, though I may have
fiddled with other things in the time-frame. I know, one change at a
time ...

Panic on Cpu 0:
"que invalidate wait descriptor was not executed
DMAR_IQA_REG=87cc7002
DMAR_IQH_REG=2ee0
DMAR_IQT_REG=2ee0"

I am at best an amateur so the usual cargo-cult approach led me to
adding iommu=no-qinval,no-intremap to my xen command line, so now it
looks like:

noreboot iommu=1,verbose,dom0-passthrough,no-qinval,no-intremap
com1=115200,8n1 console=com1 dom0_max_vcpus=6 dom0_mem=4G,max:4G tmem=1

(like I said, cargo cult, feel free to vent any reaction to that)

This in turn led to a panic because I had x2apic enabled in bios,
which was fine until now. (Message: "Panic ... x2apic enabled by Bios
but iommu_supports_eim failed")

So now I have disabled X2apic. I'm starting to wonder if I should
ditch the usb 3.0 card and get something else (2.0 would be better
anyway, because of the length of the cables and my typical use). Is
x2apic important?

I also have a storage card which forced me into the
"iommu=dom0-passthrough", namely an LSI MR9240-8i . Alternatively, it
also works with "iommu_inclusive_mapping=1". I figured running the
storage-driver in dom-0 it would make most sense to only impact dom-0

Anyway are these settings really bad on
 Cpu: Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620
 Motherboard: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS
?