[Xen-users] shared local partition/storage between VMs on same PC

Is NFS the fastest option for sharing a partition between two VMs, one Windows, the other Unix based - or is SMB just as good?

This data does not need to be externally accessed. Any method is fine, as long as it's fast, read/write and works on a backend LVM partition.

Obviously there will be some slowdown, even using a virtual NIC on both host and guest, but is it that significant?

I can test it myself, of course, but I can hardly be the first person to try it.