[Xen-users] Fwd: Re: dom0 speed issues

Hello,

Please don't top post.

El 26/05/15 a les 17.29, Niki Vasilev ha escrit:
> Hi Roger,
>
> I logged everything you asked. I am attaching the results, they are in
> tar.gz

Some of the requested info is missing, like the output of xl info and xl
dmesg, can you please send those also?

You seem to have quite a lot of errors related to the balloon driver:

System RAM resource [mem 0x148000000-0x14fffffff] cannot be added
xen_balloon: reserve_additional_memory: add_memory() failed: -17

It seems like the balloon driver is trying to hot-add a memory region
that's already present. AFAICT you are using the 3.10 version of the
Linux kernel, which seems to b missing this two commits to the balloon
driver that prevents it from iterating when the error is found:

fd8b79 xen/balloon: Don't continue ballooning when BP_ECANCELED is
encountered
3dcf63 xen/balloon: cancel ballooning if adding new memory failed

Can you try to figure out if those messages are related to the IO
throughput issue (ie: they appear at the same time as IO throughput
degrades)?

Roger.