Re: [Xen-users] xen dom0 nfs hangs

On Sun, 2015-05-31 at 12:09 -0700, Mike wrote:

I've no idea what might be going here, but:

> Hi,I get messages about 'task blocked more than 120 seconds' (from
> qemu-system-i386) and so forth;

The stack traces from those messages may prove informative, since they
will indicate where (and hopefully therefore why) that process has been
blocked for so long.

I don't think storing guest filesystem images on an NFS share as you are
doing is in any way uncommon.

You say you are using loopback mounts, I suppose you mean
literally /dev/loop0 etc (either explicitly via losetup or implicitly
via the toolstack)?

In the scenarios I'm aware of people tend to use either tapdisk or qdisk
(from qemu) to expose files on NFS as guest disks. Mostly they are using
vhd or qcow2 (so /dev/loop is not an option), but I wonder if switching
to e.g. qdisk would help? (Switching to tapdisk would involve several
yakk shaving exercises I suspect, not worth it IMHO)

On the other hand you mention qemu-system-i386 so perhaps you are
already using qdisk? Or are these guests HVM ones?

Ian.