[Xen-users] Performance tools for Xen

Hello,

I've tried a couple of performance measurement tools for Xen, such as Xenoprof (Oprofile). None of these tools work properly, at least in my current deployment, for reasons I don't fully understand or the respective community doesn't appear to be interested in. I can only suppose that, in the case of Oprofile, the problem lies in the discontinuity of support (Opcontrol is deprecated and I don't even know whether the new tool Operf is designed to support Xen deployments...).

That's why I would kindly ask you for your advice on which up-to-date profiling tools could suit my needs. To be precise, the tool should:
1. Access the unique performance metrics of each DomU.
2. Allow passive profiling, i.e. running the profiler only in Dom0 instead of running it in each of the profiled DomUs.
3. Be based on performance counters/events, i.e. storing the performance metrics rather than just providing e.g. the current CPU utilisation, like Xentop does.

In the long run, I want to use the data obtained so the estimate each DomU's power consumption. Does a profiling tool for the above purpose exist for Xen? Which tools do you use, if any?

Thank you!
Marek

P.S. I use Ubuntu 14.04 for Dom0 and PV guests running on Xen 4.4.3. I've tried Oprofile 0.9.9. My processor is Intel Core i7 which Oprofile identified as "Intel Haswell microarchitecture".