Re: [Xen-users] vfb size

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 16:05 +0100, pietrop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am having trouble in configuring the size/resolution of my VNC monitor
> when enabling the
>
> vfb = [ 'type=vnc' ]
>
> The monitor/window resulting from the vncviewer command it's 800x600, I
> have tried to pass to the kernel the parameter
>
> extra = "xen-fbfront.video=16,1024,768"
>
> But they do not result in any change, I have verified those parameters
> get to the kernel checking the /proc/cmdline leaf, interestingly when
> configuring the vncserver manually on the guest I can get what I want.

What do you mean by "configuring the vncserver manually on the guest"?

vncserver and xenfb are two completely orthogonal things. If you are
running vncserver in the guest then that is what you must configure,
xenfb settings have no impact on it.

xenfb corresponds /dev/fb0 in the guest surfaced via a vnc provider
(often qemu), there is no vncserver in the guest associated with xenfb.

Ian.