[Xen-users] [Xen-Users] Issues Booting Dom0 on ARM Cortex A15

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brandon Perez <a0225893@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 16:59:31 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 22:57:17 +0000

Hello All,

I'm experiencing some issues with booting into a Dom0 Linux Kernel on a embedded ARM Cortex A15 processor. Tracing through the code has shown me that the code is stuck in the idle_loop() function (xen/arch/arm/domain.c:41). The function responds to only soft IRQs, and there are no scheduled tasklets to run.

A little about my setup to start. I'm using uBoot to boot Xen, which is running a Linux 3.14 kernel. I'm currently on Xen's master branch, where the Xen version is 4.6-unstable. The commit I'm operating at has the id ecdae1cfaa7f6123decaa1b9d7205c3ff726b941.

After looking through the Xen code, I was unable to find a place where it explicitly jumps into the Dom0 kernel, which was what I was expecting to see. Is there somewhere in the source code where this is the case that I just missed? Or, is the initial jump into the kernel scheduled as a tasklet? If the latter is the case, then the kernel is never scheduled as a tasklet in the source code.

Any tips on getting out the idle_loop() would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

    Brandon Perez