[Xen-users] [Fwd: Re: vfb size]

Sorry Ian,

I was reading the email I've sent you some days ago and I've found it
terribly confusing, so I am writing back again.

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 17:37 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 17:21 +0100, pietrop wrote:
> > > What do you mean by "configuring the vncserver manually on the guest"?
> >
> > I have installed the vncserver package and I have started it manually
> > configuring the desired geometry.

> Right, that's an aside to getting xenfb working then.

> > > vncserver and xenfb are two completely orthogonal things. If you are
> > > running vncserver in the guest then that is what you must configure,
> > > xenfb settings have no impact on it.
> > >
> > > xenfb corresponds /dev/fb0 in the guest surfaced via a vnc provider
> > > (often qemu), there is no vncserver in the guest associated with xenfb.
> > >

> > I did not know that, I'd rather prefer to go with xenfb but I am not
> > getting the desired resolution with it, how can I do that ?
>
> What sort of guest is this? PV or HVM?

I am following these instructions to verify which kind of guest it is:

http://serverfault.com/questions/511923/determine-which-guest-is-running-on-xen-hvm-or-pv-guest

From them it results I am running a PV-HVM, Xen is 4.4, please
let me know if that makes any sense since I wanna see if I can
understand something about what I am doing.

I am specifically curious about the PV-HVM category since I thought it'd be
possible
to setup PV *or* HVM guest and I wasn't aware of any PV *and* HVM.

> Can you post your config file and your in guest dmesg please as well as
> any related log files from under /var/log/xen (in particular the qemu
> one).

All attached again, including some files missing yesterday.

> Lastly, is xen-fbfront a module or statically configured?

I am attaching the .config.

Sorry about that.

> Ian.

Cheers,