Re: [Xen-users] issues with pvh mode for dom0 and domU on xen 4.5.0 / kernel 3.18.9

Hi Roger,

Am 16.06.15 um 10:27 schrieb Roger Pau Monné:
It, however, appears that the pvh dom0 compared to the standard dom0
consumes _significantly_ more CPU time as shown by "xl info" from within
dom0 - which to me seems counter-intuitive given my (limited)
understanding of what pvh tries to achieve.
Any idea about that ...
No, we are not yet at the point of doing performance measurements, not
until the ABI is finished, then we can start speaking about performance.
FWIW I have some old PVH/PV/PVHVM performance comparison here:

http://xenbits.xen.org/people/royger/talks/fosdem2014.pdf
Thanks for that pointer - it was an interesting read. The part of the presentation you are referring to, however, mainly concentrates on performance and not CPU utilization which isn't necessarily the same. My observation was only indicating that the CPU utilization seemed to be higher with pvh on dom0 compared to dom0's standard mode; I couldn't comment on any performance numbers (i.e. whether the system was slower) as I was nowhere near 100% CPU utilization on my system.

Thanks again Atom2