[Xen-users] USB Passthrough XEN 4.4

Hi all,

I am running XEN 4.4 and I am using the tool 'xl' to do all the needed
common operations like start/stop/reboot virtual machines; I'd need to
setup an USB passthrough and I am reading the related instructions from
the page :

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_USB_Passthrough

Following the chapter 'Host USB in xl' it looks like the only support
available is 'emulated USB', which as stated earlier in the same page is
available only for HVM guest, I am pretty sure I am running a PV guest.

Does that mean I can't configure USB passthrough on my system ?

I have given those instructions a go but I can't see any USB
devices/controller on my guest system.

Instead I get an unable to initialize libusb: -99

am I obliged to go for a PCI passthrough ?

Thanks,
Pietro