Re: [Xen-users] Setting total number of cpus in the system

On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 15:24 -0400, Jintack Lim wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is there any way to set the total number of cpus in the system?
> I know how to set the number of cpus for Dom0 and DomU,
> however I was not able to find one for the whole system.
> (e.g. I have 8 cpus but I want Xen to recognize only 4 cpus)
>

> The only way I can think of is to modify the device tree.
> Is there more convenient way to do this?

According to
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xen-command-line.html
it should be maxcpus=N, however this doesn't look to be wired up on ARM
(which I'm inferring is what you are interested in).

Modifying xen/arch/arm/setup.c using xen/arch/x86/setup.c's handling of
integer_param("maxcpus"...) as inspiration shouldn't be too tricky,
patches welcome!

Ian.