[Xen-users] [Xen-Users] Issues Booting DomU on TI DRA72 Chip

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brandon Perez <a0225893@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 12:04:08 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 17:04:37 +0000

Hello All,

I'm experiencing some issues with booting a DomU Linux kernel on a DRA72 chip. I am able to successfully create the VM, but whenever I run xl console to connect to the DomU, there is no output from the console, and I cannot input anything either. Whenever I do an xl list, it shows the domain as blocked, so it is starting up to a certain degree.

Running xenctx on the domain, I see that the PC value is pointing to a function in the kernel called cpu_v7_do_idle() (arch/arm/mm/proc-v7.S ).

I've read different threads on issues similar to this on the email list, like:

[1] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/users/376894
[2] http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/Trying-to-create-new-domain-on-4-3-but-domU-is-starting-crashed-sc-td5717826.html