Re: [Xen-users] how to boot something to get a vm started

On Mon, 2015-07-13 at 17:19 +0200, hw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how do I boot anything to get a VM started and installed?  I tried a
> windoze 7 installer ISO and a Gentoo live-DVD ISO and nothing works.  No
> matter what I try, I keep getting messages that no kernel can be found
> and that the VM cannot be created.

Without any logs or even a config file I'm just guessing, but it sounds
like you are wanting to create an HVM guest but are actually creating a
PV one.

The main difference is the use of
        builder = "hvm"
in your cfg file. xl.cfg(5) has details and xlexample.hvm (normally
installed to /etc/xen) an example.

Ian.