Re: [Xen-users] ARM: xehheap_megabytes less than 32

Thanks, Ian.

>That was for x86, but no I don't think it is inherently ridiculous to try and
>reduce the Xen heap quite substantially.
I thought that might have been for x86.

>One thing you should check though is what happens to domheap allocations when
>the domheap is empty but the xenheap still has pages. I have a feeling >that
>such allocations can be satisfied from the xenheap, at least under some
>circumstances (depending on CONFIG_SEPARATE_XENHEAP?).
>
>Rather than trying to unpick xen/common/page_alloc.c and the various
>heaps/nodes it might be easier to just confirm experimentally...
I saw an older email of yours relating to this. Will see if I can try that.
This did prompt me to try building without CONFIG_SEPARATE_XENHEAP, which seems
like it should also solve my problem, but the result didn't boot (which is a
bit surprising, given that it looks like that is not set for ARM64).

>WRT the 32mb limit, I wonder if that is the same underlying issue as you
>tripped over for the frametable mapping?
I do now see that setup_xenheap_mappings() calls create_32mb_mappings(), which
presumably imposes a granularity of 32MB on xenheap_megabytes.

Chris