Re: [Xen-users] "xl restore" leaks a file descriptor?

On Fri, 2015-07-31 at 13:20 -0400, Andrew Armenia wrote:
> Hi, when restoring my domUs from saved state files, then deleting the
> files, I noticed that the space used by those files wasn't being freed
> up. Taking a look at lsof showed that the 'xl restore' processes running
> in the background still held open file descriptors to the state files. I
> feel that this is probably a bug, but if it's not, is there any way to
> work around it?

This certainly sounds like a bug to me. Please can you provide details of
which Xen version you are using and which state files are the subject of
the leaked file handles.

The presence of an "xl restore" process is not itself a bug, this is
similar to the daemonised process which "xl create" produces to monitor the
domain for shutdown events and the like.

Ian.