Re: [Xen-users] XEN 4.3.4 Dom0 reboot loop with AMD FX-8350/Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3

First, you should tell when the dom0 reboots... very early in the boot? or later shortly before or even after the command prompt..

Also, since this is amd and i think the shared pagetable patches were not present in 4.3.4, you could try adding this to your xen.gz grub line: iommu=no-sharept.. also interesting for AMD is no-cpuidle... if it boots fine with no-cpuidle, you can try replacing it with a different clocksource (see http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_power_management#Xen_hypervisor_clocksource_option) for reference.. on my AMD, setup, it does not boot if I use anything other then clocksource=pit..

so your grub line should look something like that:

multiboot /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=2048MÂ no-cpuidle iommu=no-sharept

Hi. As the subject says ... Where from I do start debugging it? My kernel
boots fine on that machine when I select a kernel without XEN.

I do have AMD-Vi/IOMMU enabled in the BIOS.

I just compiled XEN 4.3.4 from source and kernel is 3.2.68 with grsec.
Disabling grsec made now difference.