Re: [Xen-users] Running Xen on ARM Juno r0

Hi Ian,

T0SZ value can not be 0 as ARMv8 spec specifies the table for its values based on supported PA size and page table granule.
Also I am using Xen 4.5 release but not able to get pass Head.S.Â

Do you pass any command line arguments while booting Xen so this T0SZ value changes ?
Can you please send me the compilation steps and booting instructions which you use to boot up Xen ?

I am getting hang as soon as Xen sets up tcr_el2 register. Here TCR_T0SZ(0) is 0.

   Â/* Set up TCR_EL2:
    Â* PS -- Based on ID_AA64MMFR0_EL1.PARange
    Â* Top byte is used
    Â* PT walks use Inner-Shareable accesses,
    Â* PT walks are write-back, write-allocate in both cache levels,
    Â* Full 64-bit address space goes through this table. */
    ldr  x0, =(TCR_RES1|TCR_SH0_IS|TCR_ORGN0_WBWA|TCR_IRGN0_WBWA|TCR_T0SZ(0))
    /* ID_AA64MMFR0_EL1[3:0] (PARange) corresponds to TCR_EL2[18:16] (PS) */
    mrs  x1, ID_AA64MMFR0_EL1
    bfi  x0, x1, #16, #3

    msr  tcr_el2, x0

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2015-08-18 at 11:33 -0400, N Jain wrote:

> I am trying to run Xen4.5 stable binary on Juno r0 (64bit) platform but
> when I load and launch from DS-5 debugger at EL2 mode I am getting stuck
> at Head.S during MMU setup. I see the T0SZ value set in Xen (Head.S) is 0
> which seems wrong.

I think that's expected and correct, what makes you think it is wrong?

> Does Xen works for ARM Juno r0 board ? I got instructions to build Xen
> 4.5 for Juno from ARM community but not sure how to run it on Juno r0
> platform. I couldn't find any instructions on Xen or ARM site.

I have an early Juno (not sure if it is an r0), and I have certainly had it
booting past head.S. I believe what is in 4.5 ought to work, but I suggest
you work with the development branch to get the latest stuff until the
issues (whatever they are) are resolved.

Where in head.S are things getting stuck for you?

Ian.