Re: [Xen-users] Xen from source on Stretch (good news)

On Sun, 2015-09-20 at 00:26 +0000, Mark Pryor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Debian Stretch is one of the first to default builds with gcc 5.2.1.
>
> I took a look at building 4.5.1 from tarball with current patches up to
> staging-4.5.
>
> While xen-devel has some patches to 4.6 for gcc 5.x builds, it would be
> nice to have them for 4.5 too.
> I needed four extra patches for a Stretch build:

Please make backport requests on xen-devel CCing the appropriate stable
maintainers (who are listed in the MAINTAINERS file of the given branch).

They will want the commit ids to backport and if the backport is non
-trivial and you have a backport already available I'm sure they will
appreciate being handed them.

Thanks,
Ian.