Re: [Xen-users] How to boot xen using U-Boot for ARM64

On Thu, 2015-09-24 at 14:18 +0800, Peng Fan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am porting xen to an ARM64 platform, but I found that file `xen` is
> "MS-DOS executable, MZ for MS-DOS"  which means xen is an efi app?
> For now, I only have uboot run, have not ported uefi. Is efi is a
> must for xen ARM64?

The arm64 Xen binary is both a valid PE (UEFI) application _and_ a
normal kernel image which can be booted frmo uboot using
bootm/bootz/booti etc.

(The same is true of e.g. Linux kernel images on arm64 BTW, it just so
happens that the signatures and magic metadata for both formats do not
interfere with each other, which is very convenient!)

> How can I using uboot to boot xen for ARM64?

Booting Xen from u-boot is described in the wiki, I suggest you start
with:
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions

Ian.