Re: [Xen-users] installing xen tools

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:29 PM, Linda Jacobson <lindaj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>     I worked on a development project for xen this summer as an intern.   At
> the very end (before I was finished) I hosed my system.  When I reinstalled,
> the system, I got some things out of sync (per Ian Campbell post about the
> error I was receiving).
>     I removed all of xen, and reinstalled.  However when I tried to
> re-install xen-tools (sudo aptitude install xen-tools), I got the following
> errors:
> Err http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main qemu-system-common amd64
> 1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u2
>   404  Not Found [IP: 149.20.20.6 80]
> Err http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main qemu-system-x86 amd64
> 1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u2
>   404  Not Found [IP: 149.20.20.6 80]
> Err http://security.debian.org/ jessie/updates/main qemu-utils amd64
> 1:2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u2
>   404  Not Found [IP: 149.20.20.6 80]
> 0% [Working]E: Failed to fetch
> http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/q/qemu/qemu-system-common_2.1+dfsg-12+deb8u2_amd64.deb:
> 404  Not Found [IP: 149.20.20.6 80]
>
> Without these, I can't do a xen-create-image.
>
>    I have googled many variations of this error (since the actual error is
> not found), and nothing relevant comes up.  Any suggestions about what I

Probably wrong keyword

https://www.google.co.id/search?q=apt-get+404+not+found

> should do to correct this problem would be appreciated.

http://security.debian.org/pool/updates/main/q/qemu/ should give a
clue. I believe deb8u2 is gone, replaced with deb8u4.

You might simply need to run "apt-get update" first. If for whatever
reason it STILL doesn't work. try downloading the files manualy.

--
Fajar