Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.4.1 OVMF on Debian compile failed

On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 22:53 +0800, John Mok wrote:
> [...]
> -c /usr/local/src/xen/xen-4.4.1/debian/build/build
> -utils_amd64/tools/firmware/ovmf-dir
> -remote/Build/OvmfX64/RELEASE_GCC47/X64/OvmfPkg/AcpiTables/AcpiTables/OUT
> PUT/./Madt.dll
> GenFw: ERROR 3000: Invalid
>   Unsupported section alignment.

This would appear to be the actual failure.

I'm afraid I don't know what it means or how to solve it.

As it happens I'm currently looking at updating the Xen Project test infra
to use Jessie as the host os (from Wheezy) and checking the build logs I
don't see any messages like this, and it does successfully build the ovmf
component. I've not changed anything relevant to ovmf building as part of
the upgrade.

I did notice that in my logs it has decided to use GCC49 rather than GCC47
as you have here. I've no idea if that is relevant. FWIW 4.9 is the default
gcc in Jessie.

Ian.