[Xen-users] Signed Windows PV Drivers

  • To: Xen Users Mailing Lilst <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Xen Newbie <xennewbie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 12:33:02 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 04:34:30 +0000

I'm currently at the stage to plan future Xen Windows guest with PV drivers installed. I studied a lot from the Xen project pages and Xen mailing list for users and pv driver development. I am confused since some of the information seems to be out-dated. The following is what I understand at this moment:

1) Those signed Windows drivers resided on univention seemed to be already out-dated.
2) Those PV drivers provided onÂhttp://www.xenproject.org/developers/teams/windows-pv-drivers.html requires my own compilation. The drivers compiled are test signed and requires setting the Windows to test mode.
3) The PV drivers provided by Citrix XenServer seems to work also with Xen Hypervisor but I'm not sure whether there is any license conflict.
4) There are Microsoft signed PV drivers provided by Oracle but I need to use Oracle VM as my Domain 0.

Can anyone confirm my understanding as fore-mentioned?

I want to make a PC as a HTPC/NAS combo with HTPC part played by a Windows 7 (Windows 10 preferred if feasible) PV HVM guest.

I'm now stuck at the planning stage of Windows PV drivers. I don't want to compile anything and set the Windows to test mode.Â

So can I just download the PV drivers from Citrix and installed to the guest? Will it work with my Xen 4.5/4.6 Hypervisor with Ubuntu 15.04 Domain 0?

I'll be very grateful to anyone clarifying my queries as above.

Regards
Terry