Re: [Xen-users] COM1 on domU

On 23.10.2015 14:43, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-10-22 at 12:53 +0200, Wolf Grossi wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I have converted from xm to libvirt-xml using
>>
>> virsh domxml-from-native xen-xm DOMAIN > DOMAIN.xml
>>
>> Works fine so far, however I did not find a way to configure a seraial
>> port for the paravirt domU.
>> virsh simply ignores the entry in the xm configuration.
>>
>> With xm I had the entry
>>
>> irq=[4]
>> ioports=['3f8-3ff']
>>
>> and COM1-COM2 was available in dumU.
>>
>> How do I configure the above with libvirt/virsh for the appropriate
>> DOMAIN.xml?
>
> AFAICT from grepping the source this has never been implemented in either
> the xend or libxl libvirt backends, sorry.
>
>>From google I'm not even sure if such things are available in the libvirt
> XML API for those backends to be taught about either.
>
> I'd suggest asking on the libvirt support lists, someone there might have
> more insight. It possible that some libvirt development may be required
> here I'm afraid (libxl already exposes the interfaces needed).
>
> Alternatively you could use xl instead of libvirt, it's supposed to be a
> mostly straight replacement for xm.
>
> Ian.

Thanks Ian;

After reading

http://jfehlig.wordpress.com/2014/01/05/libvirt-support-for-xens-new-libxenlight-toolstack/
and
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/201602

it appears to me that libvirt might not be ready yet for production use;
However, I like the virt-manager GUI :-)
Is there one worklig with xl?

Wolf