[Xen-users] vga passthrough fails, after repeated rebooting of a VM

Hi,

I have a problem using xen on SLES 11SP3[1], where after repeated rebooting of a VM, VGA passthrough isn't available anymore.

The error message from xend is:Âxend.err pci_assignable_remove failed

From what I can find in xend.log and the time at which the issue occurs, a relevant message seems to be:

[2015-11-10 15:30:37 5129] DEBUG (pci:671) Couldn't rebind to driver /sys/bus/pci/drivers/HDA\ Intel

After this, it is no longer possible to boot the VM. Restarting xend and libvirtd allows for booting the VM once, but after shutdown it is broken again. It's possible to restore passthrough functionality to the VM by rebooting the server, but this is obviously not the preferred way.

Is this a driver problem as xend.log seems to indicate? Or should I be looking at something else? Any pointers in which direction to search would be greatly appreciated. I have tried to extract relevant information from logfiles and am happy to scrounge up more information.

Regards,
Arjen

[1]
kernel-xen-base-3.0.76-0.11.1