[Xen-users] Please help with network configuration.

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Christian-Josef Schrattenthaler <cjs1976@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 22:36:23 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 22:37:40 +0000

Hi!

I am confused about the right network configuration for my server.

I have a Debian 8 root server with one network card and 4 external ip addresses from my provider. I did already the standard network configuration (eth0, eth0:0, eth0:1 and eth0:2). So far so good.

Now I want to create the right bridging for Xen and the virtual machines. And this is the point where I get confused. Should I create one bridge for everything, or should I create a bridge for every external ip address I have? I have 4 external ip addresses, and I want to make 4 virtual machines. This means, that the server and one virtual machine have to share an ip address, which is not a problem, because the server needs ssh, and the virtual machines are with Windows.

Thanks,
Christian.