Re: [Xen-users] Xen VMs and Unixbench: single vs multiple cpu behaviour

On 25 November 2015 at 00:33, Dario Faggioli <dario.faggioli@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Please, don't top post (i.e.: don't do what I'm doing right now, in
> this line.
>
> Also, text only email would be highly preferable.
>
> On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 19:17 +0100, Marko ÄukiÄ wrote:
>> "Shell Scripts (8 concurrent)" is not slowed down, because even
>> though one copy of Unixbench is run simultaneously,
>> the test always uses all available CPUs (this is also mentioned in
>> the USAGE file in the UnixBench package).
>>
> Exactly. The name was quite 'telling' as well about it comprising
> concurrent work. :-)
>
> And that is my point,  something is up when the guest has spare vCPU
> capacity.
>
> Dario
> --
> <<This happens because I choose it to happen!>> (Raistlin Majere)
> Dario Faggioli, Ph.D, http://about.me/dario.faggioli
> Senior Software Engineer, Citrix Systems R&D Ltd., Cambridge (UK)

Sorry about the top posting and html in mail (gmail has it on default
- i hope it's turned off now).

As per your remark about Credit1 - I am using the default settings of Xen,
as they were set by Ubuntu's package manager, so I do not know what kind
of scheduler is set.
According to http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Schedulers
Credit1 is the default for 4.5, so it's probably that.
I'm not home right now, but I can check later.

Regards,

Marko