Re: [Xen-users] Cant' start network interfaces on xen HVM Inbox x

Hi,

I have the same issue and error when using a debian wheezy, and centos 6.

Any suggestion about this ?

Thanks

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 8:01 PM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2015-11-24 at 10:32 +0700, papi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> About a few days i cannot solve how to start my network configuration on
> the xen HVM when during start the instalation.
>
> I wonder if there's anyone or community that can help me to solve this
> problem ? !
>
> ref:Âhttp://www.xenproject.org/help/questions-and-answers/can-t-start-or-
> setup-network-on-xen-hvm.html
>
> Thanks for your attention.

You might be able to workaround the issue by addingÂxen_emul_unplug=never
to the kernel command line in the guest when you boot the installer. This
will cause the kernel to not try and switch to PV drivers and remain on
emulated devices for the duration of the install.

If you want to track down the actual error then you will need to drop to a
shell within the install and consult the logs in /var/log/syslog. Modern
debian install also provides a menu option to expose these for wget, not
sure if that is part of Squeeze though.Â

Squeeze is currently oldoldstable, so even having identified the underlying
issue it seems unlikely that it will be possible to fix it, but perhaps the
logs will point to a workaround.

It would also be useful to provide your guest configuration file as well as
info about your dom0 network setup, it looks from the q&a like you are
using routed rather than bridged networking?

Ian.