[Xen-users] Apply changes after editing Xen files ?

Dear all,

 I am experimenting on some Xen 4.1.2 version [running Ubuntu server
12.04] python files [ migrate.py , XendCheckpoint.py and XendDomain.py ]
and making some changes on them . Thing is yesterday thought the changes
were applied on the python files after just restarting xend service
[sudo /etc/init.d/xend restart]

 After I restarted the system I couldn't get xend service to start..

* Starting Xen daemons [OK]

 But whenever I typed sudo xm list I got this :

Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend
running?

 So I am thinking of formating my setup and starting all over again
because I don't understand what's going on.. :/ [I can provide you the
logs if possible]

 In case this doesn't happen again how can I check-debug  the changes I
have made on Xen before restarting the system [why couldn't i get the
error on the first place]??

 Since this is a lengthy procedure simply restarting Xend service is
enough to apply changes on python files or am I missing something else
that crashed my system and I couldn't see it in the first place ?

Thanks in advance,
Stratos