[Xen-users] how do nested xen translate address?

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Big Strong <fangtuo90@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 21:30:28 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:31:33 +0000

As we all know, xen supported nested virtualization with EPT. While xen translate user-level address to machine address by GVA->GPA->MFN, I'm wondering how nested translate it. Does the L0 Xen treat Âthe address of L1 Xen as a GVA and translate it in the same manner, or the L1 Xen has its own EPT so as to directly translate it's address to MFN without the interference of L0 Xen?