Re: [Xen-users] PVH live migration support

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Sylvain Munaut
<s.munaut@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I'd like to know if live migration for PVH guests is something that's
> currently in 4.6 or that could reasonably be expected for 4.7 ?
>
> All the docs I found said it wasn't supported but they were also all
> quite old so I'm hoping it changed in the mean-time.

The main way that PVH is implemented is being re-architected at the
moment.  The re-architecture is meant to make things much simpler to
develop and maintain, and according to my sources, that's already
paying off -- the re-architected version (apparently) already supports
live migration.  This will obviously still be experimental for 4.7,
but it should be much more fully functional.

Roger is the lead developer on that, he can correct me if I'm wrong.

 -George