Re: [Xen-users] Migration failed.

On Tue, 2016-01-19 at 13:22 +0900, JAJA wrote:
> Hello, Xen-users.
>
> I am trying to use remus with drbd.(Xen 4.5)
>
> I read next
> link(http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Install_Xen_4.5_with_Remus_and_DRBD_
> on_Ubuntu_12.10)
> carefully and follow it.(I remove pygrub and xen-create-image comnmands
> Because I use gentoo for Dom0 Linux) But, failed with next error
> messages.
>

> Error1 : When I trying to live migration,
> xl migrate --live gentoo (Backup domain name)

Is "gentoo" the host name or the domain name? Either way the other one
appears to be missing, what is you actual command line?

> > Saving to migration stream new xl format (info 0x3/0x0/1349)
> > 0x3/0x0/1349)
> > Savefile has mandatory flag(s) 0x2 which are not supported; need newer
> > xl

This seems to indicate some sort of tools mismatch. Is it possible that you
are migrating between two different host systems with differing versions of
Xen installed?

Migration is only supported between like versions of Xen or from old to new
(to support upgrade). Migrating to an older Xen (i.e. downgrading) is not
supported in general.

> > migration target: Domain creation failed (code -6).
> > xc: info: Saving domain 5, type x86 PV
> > libxl: error: libxl_utils.c:430:libxl_read_exactly: file/stream
> > truncated reading ipc msg header from domain 5 save/restore helper
> > stdout pipe
> > libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:129:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: domain 5
> > save/restore helper [5528] died due to fatal signal Broken pipe
> > migration sender: libxl_domain_suspend failed (rc=-3)
> > libxl: info: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus: migration
> > transport process [5515] exited with error status 6
> > Migration failed, resuming at sender.
> > xc: error: Dom 5 not suspended: (shutdown 0, reason 255): Internal
> > error
> > libxl: error: libxl_dom_suspend.c:409:libxl__domain_resume:
> > xc_domain_resume failed for domain 5: Invalid argument
>
> Error2 : When I trying Remus command,
> xl remus -i 40 gentoo (Backup domain name)
> > migration target: Ready to receive domain.
> > Saving to migration stream new xl format (info 0x3/0x0/1349)
> > libxl: error: libxl.c:889:libxl__remus_setup: Remus: No support for
> > network buffering

This is (one reason) why this isn't working. I'd recommend getting normal
migration working first.