Re: [Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers

You are right - there are al lot  of factors that matters - sometime I think that too many:) - You have to think about Hypervisor tuning and windows tuning, java tuning.... - too many layers:) and there is problem to find layer with problem. In my case I had LVM and made a lot of tuning described on xen wiki and available on internet... but it's my case.

W dniu 2016-01-29 o 09:40, Zir Blazer pisze:

> Hi,
> I used on
> http://wiki.univention.de/index.php?title=Installing-signed-GPLPV-drivers to
> run Win Server 2012R2 on Xen 4.3. It worked. I had insufficient disk
> performance - In my case when I deleted files from disc (about 3000
> small files) %CPU rised to 100% on all vCPU so other workload on this
> machine was not possible - I was not able to make workaround. But maybe
> in you case this drivers will work. You can also look at
> http://mehdi.me/setting-up-a-windows-server-2012-r2-virtual-machine-with-xen-on-ubuntu/
>
> Regards,
> Mariusz

There is a very important thing that is usually ignored. While the PV Drivers do increase performance, it isn't the only factor that matters. For lots of small files, there is a MASSIVE performance difference between using a raw partition or LVM volume, and a file-backed VM. Chances are that you had the second.