[Xen-users] Xen 4.4.1 on Debian Jessie: freeze using "xl create" on second VM

I am having issues migrating my Xen setup from Debian Wheezy to Debian Jessie. The errors I see are not very concrete, so it doesn't give me much details.

Here is what I am seeing:

First, when I make a new Xen VM and connect to its console, I see "xenconsole: Could not open tty `': No such file or directory". It seems to boot fine after that, but after returning to Dom0, the console is kinda jacked up. This mimics exactly the issue described athttps://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=794071 . Apparently there is a fix as of Oct 2015, but just not released on Jessie yet? Will that be released on Jessie sometime soon?

Second, and this is the bigger issue: I can make 1 VM like this fine, but when I try to make a second one, it just seems to hang. If I use "xl create -c" so I see the console the whole time, I see the bootloader menu appear, and when the kernel selection is finished, it prints the error about the tty, and then nothing else. I don't know if the tty issue is related at all.

"xl list" shows the second VM in the list, but it is marked as only having 1 vcpu. If I try to change this with "xl vcpu-set 2" (or any number higher), it is just ignored. I can't find any log files to indicate there is a problem at all. The VM just doesn't start. It was created from the same template as the first VM, so VM1 and VM2 are basically copies of each other, yet only the first one will run.

I have no idea if I am doing something wrong or if this is a bug in Jessie. I will say that everything that I am doing now has worked perfectly for years using Debian Wheezy. The only change I needed was to start using "xl" instead of "xm".

Anyone have clues on figuring this out?

Thanks,
Beau