Re: [Xen-users] Xen guest's bios=ovmf EFI vars are not persistent across guest reboot ?

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 05:40:32PM -0800, suse.dev@xxxxxx wrote:
> I notice that when booting to a Xen UEFI Guest, where its config contains
>
>       bios='ovmf'
>
> that the boot sequence queries for "Floppy" first.  Clearly, there's no
> floppy involved here.

EFI in xen uses a file on the ESP to store the EFI variables.  Since it can't
share access to the ESP when the
operating system is running changes made outside of the firmware shell are not
persisted.  If you start the EFI
shell from the boot menu and modify the boot order there it should persist the
changes.

qemu has a pflash option which allows the location of an external backing file
to be used but this is not wired
up in to Xen.

James