Re: [Xen-users] Some information about Xen Hypervisor.

Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1- Xen don't need any BIOS Hypervisor option?

"It depends" on the combination of software you are trying to run.
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Common_Problems#What_are_the_names_of_different_hardware_features_related_to_virtualization_and_Xen.3F

> 2- Xen don't need Grub?

Not specifically, but you will need ${something} to load it initially. You
could use LILO or another bootloader - but you still need a bootloader to load
the Xen kernel.

> 3- Xen can run 64 bit guest on 32 bit host?

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_FAQ_Compatibility#32bit_and_64bit
It would appear that it can't. But you can run 32 bit guests on a 64 bit host.

> 4- Xen can support 16GB Ram on 32 bit host and 1TB Ram on 64 bit host?

http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_Project_Release_Features#Limits doesn't
seem to differentiate between 32 and 64 bit. Personally I've no experience
going past 8G RAM in the host.

Not trying to get someone else to do your homework are you ?