Re: [Xen-users] Panic on CPU 0 : GENERAL PROTECTION FAULT

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 11:04:34AM -0500, Armando Ferreira Lee Eng wrote:
> Well... I tried yesterday the possible solution from Daniel and no luck
> (T_T) sniff... I think will continue using the "efi=no-rs" to workaround
> the problem. One more question, how harmfull is the use of "efi=no-rs"? Do
> later on OS will cause problems not having the the runtime services? Or it
> only affects on the Xen OS Loader?

In general it should work. However, Xen must use other means to access, inter
alia,
date/time and reset the system. Please take a look at xen/common/efi/boot.c and
xen/common/efi/runtime.c in Xen source. Look for efi_rs_enable and
efi_l4_pgtable variables.

Daniel