[Xen-users] Xen 4.6: Broken graphical output from DomU

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Rüdiger Otte <ruediger.otte@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 21:20:45 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2016 19:23:19 +0000

Hi,

before I can finally migrate my setup from Xen 4.4 to 4.6 there is
still a serious issue to be solved: while text console output on
DomU's is working fine, the graphical output isn't working at all.

I'm experiencing this with domains running with Linux and Windows, no
matter if connecting via SDL, VNC or Spice and with all virtual VGA
adapters.

The behaviour is different depending on the configuration: some give
a black screen, others show a static desktop or console that doesn't
reacts to user actions.

Anyone has an idea where to start?

Rüdiger