Re: [Xen-users] Old computer stopped booting into xen starting with kernel 3.19

Pls cc: me in any replies.

On Sat May 21 2016, 11:41:27 PM, jim burns wrote:

> For kernels 3.19 - 4.2, the system won't boot into xen at all. In all

> cases,bare metal  boots work fine.

> For kernels 4.3 - 4.6, and 4.7-rc, it gets more interesting, and I am able

> to provide a  log (for 4.6). The system refuses to initialize my hard disk,

> and I am dumped into a rescue shell.  I was able to initialze the network,

> and mount my Windows machine over cifs, so I could xfer the logs.

> I've played quite a bit with dracut's {add,force}_drivers+= parms, and the

> files in  /usr/lib/modules-load.d, and currently load the following kernel

> modules, in the following order, to no effect. (I also don't remember the

> xen version for the last 4 years changing any of my results - 4.2 - 4.6.)

Huh! I just installed kernel 4.5.6 today, and for the first time since 3.18, I can boot into xen! Still can't boot into 4.5.5, or 4.6.0, and the config files for 4.5.5 & 4.5.6 are identical, so I don't know what's changed. I won't be losing the 4.5.6 rpms any time soon!