[Xen-users] Unable to instantiate additional guest domains

Hi,

I'm currently running some stress tests to figure out how many PVs I can squeeze into my server with Xen. The machine has 64 vcpus (32 physical) and 128 GB RAM. My Domain-0 has 8 vcpus dedicated to it.

My basic PV VM is a Linux Alpine DomU with the following settings:

# DomU settings
memory = 512
name = "tiny_alpine_51"
vcpus = 2
maxvcpus = 2

I have reached the point where I have 50 PV of this kind booted and ready. If I try to add more guests domains I receive the following error:

libxl: error: libxl_dom.c:301:libxl__build_pre: Couldn't set max vcpu count
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1142:domcreate_rebuild_done: cannot (re-)build domain: -3
libxl: error: libxl.c:1591:libxl__destroy_domid: non-existant domain 650
libxl: error: libxl.c:1549:domain_destroy_callback: unable to destroy guest with domid 650 libxl: error: libxl.c:1476:domain_destroy_cb: destruction of domain 650 failed

Can anyone help me understand the reason behind such message (machine limit reached?) or how to tune my XEN hypervisor and avoid it?

Best regards,
Vittorio

--
Vittorio Cozzolino, M.Eng.
Technische Universität München - Institut für Informatik