[Xen-users] Attaching data stores to Guests - when to use direct-attached (e.g. LV) vs network-attached (e.g. NFS)?

I installed a 1st Xen server on my LAN.  I plan to use it to provide services
to my LAN clients.

One of those will be a git repository server. For that, I'm installing GitLab
in a Xen Guest.

It's obviously going to host git repos for clients.  But those repos' data is
served to clients over HTTPS, "through" the GitLab server -- not directly from
accessed from disk.

So my question is what's the best way to attach/store that data on the Guest in
this case?

The 2 options I'm considering are

        (1) attach a dedicated LV to the Guest, keeping the GitLab data local
to the Guest,

or

        (2) mount GitLab data on a LAN-based NAS via NFS4.  At the moment I've
got NFS servers both ON the Xen server, in the Dom0, and on a separate box on
the LAN.

I know I *can* do any of these.

I'm just trying to figure out which one I *should*, and *why*?

Thanks for any pointers.

Jason