Re: [Xen-users] Xen Image corrupted and How to recover it.

As I said, my VM is a .img file and is Windows OS. I want to know if my .img file corrupted then can I use some utility like "testdisk" for fix or recover it?

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 6:41 PM, Sean Greenslade <sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On July 2, 2016 2:10:07 AM EDT, Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Thank you.I did :[root@localhost ~]# kpartx
>/home/jason/windows.img loop0p1 : 0 204800 /dev/loop0 2048loop0p2 : 0
>52219904 /dev/loop0 206848loop deleted : /dev/loop0
>After it what should i do? Can I use a tool like "testdisk" for recover
>.img file?

[Please put your replies below the quoted text. This is considered good mailing list etiquette.]

As I said, once you can access the partitions, you can use whatever your favorite repair / recovery tools are. It will depend on what type of file system is on the images. I can't suggest anything specific since you didn't give any details on what type of filesystems you're dealing with.

--Sean