Re: [Xen-users] Converting from raw disk image to LVM2

On July 7, 2016 10:23:04 PM AST, Brian McCullough <bdmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I have been hunting for some time today, and find several documents
>that
>talk about converting from an LVM2 volume to a raw disk image for Xen,
>but nothing about the reverse.
>
>I have a VHD disk file that I would like to put on to an LVM2 volume,
>like my other DomU guests.
>
>Does anybody have any suggestions?
>

>Thanks,
>Brian

Did you try searching for how to mount a vhd file? This is the first result I
get, which should solve your problem:

http://key-value.blogspot.com/2013/06/mounting-vhd-image-file-in-linux.html?m=1

Once you have the partitions / disk exposed, just dd it.

--Sean