Re: [Xen-users] Internal network Configuration

First of all, How can I stop top posting?
"br1" is a bridge that connected to a Physical NIC but "virbr0" is Virtual NIC and not connected to any real NIC and if I connect my VM to this Virtual NIC then I can launch an isolate Network. Am I right?

On Sunday, July 10, 2016 1:20 AM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Please stop top posting, it is very annoying. Hint, don't deliberately annoy people youa re asking to help you !

On 9 Jul 2016, at 15:04, Jason Long <hack3rcon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Physical port? Is you mean Virtual Adapter?

No, when I wrote physical port, I meant physical port - or I would not have written that.

A bridge can have an arbitrary number (including zero) of interfaces connected to it.
The typical basic setup connects a physical port (eg enp4s0 from your list below) to the bridge as it's being created - and this allows you to plug the physical port on the host into the network switch/router so that guests can communicate with "the outside world".
If you don't connect any physical port to a bridge then guests can use that to communicate between them (and with Dom0 if you allocate an IP address to it) - but they cannot use that bridge to communicate outside of the host.

> # ifconfig
>
> br1: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
> virbr0: flags=4099<UP,BROADCAST,MULTICAST>  mtu 1500
>
> I guess "virbr0" is a good option.

Why ? You've used br1 earlier, and I suggest you use one naming scheme and keep to it. It doesn't really matter what you call a bridge - but for your own sanity it makes sense to use consistent names.

> Can I use "virbr0" for more than one VM?

You can connect an arbitrary number of ports (whether physical or virtual) to a bridge. So yes, you can connect the VIFs from multiple VMs to one bridge.