Re: [Xen-users] Xen ARM v8 GPU passtrough?

Hello,

On 14/07/16 17:18, J. Eppler wrote:
On 06/20/2016 09:55 AM, Julien Grall wrote:
On 17/06/16 22:19, J. Eppler wrote:
does Xen on ARM v8 allow GPU passtrough? And if how to enable it?

Xen ARM currently supports passthrough for platform device (i.e device
integrated on the SOC). The support for PCI is still in progress.

Do you know if the device will be a PCI one?
As far as I know, it should be integrated in the SoC (Mali on HiKey board)

What is the hardware requirement for the ARM v8 board?

If you want to do passthrough, you will need to have a board with
devices behind an SMMU.

Other than that, the requirements are virtualization extensions
(obviously), Generic Interrupt Controller (GICv2 or GICv3), Generic
Timer.

As far as I know, the HiKey has both SMMU and GICv2+ support.

Looking at the device-tree, the hikey board is not using the ARM SMMU but their own implementation.

You would need to check whether the SMMU support stage-2 page table. If not, it will not be possible to do safe passthrough. Although it might be possible to use it in the guest with hacking Xen.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall